CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why is Life so Cruel?


Does anyone else out there wonder why we get sick? And I'm not talking about the flu, or a stomach virus; I'm talking about aids, and cancer, and alzheimers. Is it life's way of getting even for something we've done? Punishment? Is there a God that really outlines our lives and we are just playing the part like puppets on a string?

Is it our destiny or fate? Luck of the draw? Why does bad things happen to good people??

My mother in law has cancer. Stage 3 - cancer in both lungs, the side of her throat, and her lymph glands.

Why?? Cancer does not run in her family. She does not abuse alcohol or drugs. Yes, she is a smoker but so is 1000's of other people who never get sick. She would give you the shirt off her back if you asked for it, a warm meal or a place to sleep.

Why her?

I guess this is just another one of those mysteries of life we can never explain. I suppose we should be thankful for what we HAVE versus what we don't have. Yeh - I'd be real thankful to have cancer.

Talk about twisted humor.


Naive Wisdom


Broken promises lie scattered at my feet

An aching fills my empty heart.

Hopes which once were firmly grasped,

Lies have ripped apart.

Unanswered questions invade my mind

Seeking answers never to find.

I close my eyes in anxious vain,

Never to trust again.

...Naivete begets wisdom.




0 comments: